I currently supervise the following PhD students
1. Martin Duffy - who is working on how meetings as a system of discourse constitute organizations.
2. Joseph K. FitzGerald - who is researching on how economics expertise is constituted in radio news interviews
3. Diane Tangney (jointly supervised with Dr. Olivia Freeman) - who is looking at how experts in different domains interact creatively in Ireland's science gallery
4. Tom Soro (jointly supervised with Dr. Tim Stott) - who is looking at the construction of value in modern art.
5. Ewan McDonald (jointly supervised with Dr. John Hogan ) - who is looking at the construction of enterprise policies in a comparative context.
I am interested in supervising further postgraduate researcher that make similar good matches with my own research and have currently (Autumn, 2015) a
Funded PhD Opportunity - Online investment crowd-funding pitches: Analysing entrepreneurial performances and communicative interactions in the constitution of new enterprises - more details here
With Dublin Institute of Technology I am very lucky to have worked with a variety of great colleagues many of them involved in the Discourse Analysis Group and the Business, Society and Sustainability Research Centre Currently I work closely with Dr. John Hogan (an expert in political science and policy analysis) and with Dr. Sharon Feeney (an expert in higher education policy analysis).